DESCRIPTION OF THE PROGRAM
The Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Training Course is structured to balance the interest, job characteristic, requirements and capability/limitation potentials of a specialized field and AML professionals, as well as law enforcement officers. Its design encompasses an array of implementing countermeasures of money laundering and its associated crimes, by leveraging the knowledge of anti-money laundering program covering both operational and tactical operations.
Generally, the AML Training Course strives to equip participants with fundamental knowledge to the concept and criminalization of money laundering from international perspectives to the national level including the techniques of designing risk-based approach and compliance strategies. It is also aimed at developing the capabilities of respective participants to employ money laundering intelligence analysis for supporting further investigation process lead by the law enforcement agencies. Apart from classroom lectures, lessons will also be reinforced via table top exercises to allow the participants to learn and practice the essence of cooperation and collaboration in a team.
Contents in the AML Training Course are usually conducted at national training centres such as law enforcement, financial industries, academics, and military training institutions. The instructor for this course is a highly qualified senior financial intelligence analysts with decades of operational and academic experiences in the field of anti-money laundering study.
MODULES OF THE PROGRAM
- Effects on Economic Development
- International Standards on Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Legal and Institutional Arrangements of International Standards
- The Understanding of Domestic and International Cooperation in Combating Money Laundering
- Regulatory and Institutional Requirement for Anti-Money Laundering
- Risk-Based Approach in Anti-Money Laundering
- Applying Financial Intelligence Approach I : Building an Effective FIU
- Applying Financial Intelligence Approach II: Generating Financial Intelligence Reports
- Typologies and Trends of Money Laundering I
- Typologies and Trends of Money Laundering II
- Investigation of Money Laundering Crimes
- Asset Tracing and Asset Recovery
- Syndicate Exercise